Sunday, May 18, 2014

It all works out for the best

What an action packed weekend!
I went to the Brewster Herring run on Friday, it was totally packed with fish! The shad bush and the beach plum are in bloom, so it's all in synch. Cod cheeks, oyster, quahogs, and Chablis at The Squire was a great start to the weekend. Chatham was crazy busy, like August.
Fish ladder at Stony Brook in Brewster
You know when you say "yes" but you want to say ,"no?" I had that sort of weekend but it turned out fine. The Town of Mashpee had our election, for which I volunteered. It was an early morning, and I saw some lovely people I have done this with in the past, and, voter-people from my town. My warden is someone I have wanted to be friends with for the past couple years but I haven't extended myself. This past election I asked if he was wanted to play this summer and he said "yes!" I look forward to skiffing and gunkholing around Popponesset and learning to tie flies.
Later that same day I went to volunteer at the Woods Hole Film Festival. The movie was, 'The Off Season." A bit of a thriller! I adore WoHo beyond repair and it's always nice to zip down. The weather was beautiful and I kept my top down in the car all weekend.
I checked the bees and they are doing great. Almost ready to put the second deep on. I'll do that before I go to California. I collected some comb for lip balm. Honey lip balm at the farm stand, yo. I filled the feeder buckets in all  but one hive (hive 1 and 4 were not empty). It was nice to hang with the farmer too. We are connected at many different spots, but mostly at the hip.
Kalliope and Farmer Tim
The black locust is blooming, along with lilacs, dogwoods, dandelions, buttercups, autumn olive, and such-like. It's really freaking green, hot and sunny. Yay!
I picked up some asparagus, fingerling potatoes, and flounder for lunch, pan-fried with a lemon, saffron and butter sauce. So good. Between great meals, new friends, happy bees, and awesome Vinyasa Flow, well, life is sweet.
All my love, Kalliope

No comments:

Post a Comment