Monday, April 14, 2014

Ripping out the roots




This past weekend was glorious on Cape Cod. Seriously, it was Paradise Found. I had my Passion Red Volvo convertible cleaned and waxed, put the top down and WENT. There were oysters, top neck, Monomoy steamers, duck and more. It was great fun. And, fun is good.
This weekend I also started clearing the space for Honeypot Hives at Cape Cod Organic Farm. This spring I am moving the hives to a sunnier, more open location. The space is currently covered with old vines, and the ground is tangled with established weeds, brambles, vines, and such-like. Clearing was hard work. Hard work is hard. It’s easy to want to give up and just have fun. Grand plans with no action is no way to live. That is just not my focus for my life.
A life with intention. My teenaged daughter directed me to a fashion-y blog written by an insightful, beautiful young woman. In this particular blog that Olivia pointed me to, the author writes about a life lived with intention. She’s no Deepak Chopra, but not everyone is (thank goodness!), however, her thoughts resonated.
Ripping out the roots is hard, whether it’s the roots of vines or the roots of pain. It’s easy to want to give up and go have fun. Resiliency is underrated. Personally, I’d rather deal with the roots, do some intense yoga, take a bath and move on (in that aforementioned shiny red car!).
That is probably why today is the best day in the world. Driving to work with the top down, listening to great tunes, with some sore muscles and a smile on my face, I know I earned it. I am ready to live a life with intention, not afraid of the work, and ready to enjoy the sweet stuff.
Love,
 

No comments:

Post a Comment